BETA CLUB PLEDGE
I pledge to uphold the rules of GMS Jr. Beta Club. I strive to be honest, maintain a creditable scholastic record, be of service to my community, school and teachers, and conduct myself in an ethical and moral manner at all times.
REMEMBER THAT YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE BETA CLUB IS A PRIVILEGE, NOT A RIGHT! WE MUST ALWAYS STRIVE TO LIVE UP TO OUR BETA MOTTO:
LET US LEAD BY SERVING OTHERS!
RULES AND REQUIREMENTS FOR GMS BETA CLUB MEMBERS
- STUDENTS MUST MAINTAIN A 90 OR ABOVE AVERAGE. A below 90 average will result in a probationary period until the next nine weeks.
- STUDENTS MUST ATTEND BETA CLUB MEETINGS. A student missing 3 or more meetings will result in his or her inactive status of the GMS Beta Club.
- STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE 15 TOTAL HOURS OF COMMUNITY SERVICE. *see note below
- STUDENTS MUST MAINTAIN A CLEAN DISCIPLINARY RECORD. Students who are sent to the office for any type of disciplinary action that results in In-School Suspension or Out-Of-School Suspension will be dismissed from the GMS Jr. Beta Club.*
COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS
Students must complete a total of 15 community service hours. The deadline for turning in proof of service hours are:
December 14, 2012 — 5 hours of service completed
March 15, 2013 — 5 hours of service completed
May 10, 2013 — 5 hours of service completed
BETA CLUB MEETINGS
The Beta Club will meet on the 2nd Thursday of EVERY month from 7:30-7:55 a.m. in the GMS Media Center.
August 23; September 13; October 11; November 8; December 13; January 10, 2013; February 14; March 14; April 11; May TBA (due to testing).
A YEARLY FEE OF $3.00 SHOULD BE PAID BY STUDENTS WHO ARE ALREADY IN BETA CLUB. THIS IS DUE BY OCTOBER 1, 2012
- Mrs. Barbara Vassey, GMS Beta Club Sponsor
- Mrs. Ellen Owen, GMS Beta Club Sponsor
- Mrs. Shana Harvey, GMS Beta Club Sponsor